Tuesday, 30 July 2013

DIY Fringed Black Kimono

I desperately wanted a black kimono and money has been a bit tight this month so I decided I should make myself one! I am so happy with how it turned out!

If you follow me on Instagram then you may have seen me wearing an off white patterned Vila kimono. I bought this a year ago when my hair was a little darker but now its white I felt like it did not suit me as well any more, so I bought some crochet fringe, some black Dylon and dug out my sewing machine and this was the end results! I am wearing my kimono with my Minkpink dress, flatforms, Topshop necklace and my bracelet was a gift from my cousin.

Also, I wanted to add that I am sorry about the crazy hair, although it was a lovely day yesterday when I took these (although not so much today) it was SUPER windy to the point where I could not control my hair or kimono and my tripod fell over twice!! Good job my camera still works!!










Sarah xxx

12 comments:

  1. Love this! Your hair is amazing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely!!

      Sarah xxx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Aww thank you very much!
      Was super easy to do, if I ever get the time to I may make a tutorial!

      Sarah xxx

      Delete
  3. Really love this look, the kimono looks great! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. In love with your dress! x
    graciousghost.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. that dress paired w/the kimono - perfection :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should make a tutorial!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats a good idea!
      May just do that when I ever get time aha!
      Currently moving house and starting a new job so everything's a little full on at the moment.

      Sarah xxx

      Delete